Can someone comment on the motors in the 802 Vs. 806? The 806s look much smaller; therefore, I assume the 802s developed more power in the gap; right?
Altec Vintage 802/806 High Frequency Driver/Tweeter - eBay (item 250532063895 end time Nov-26-09 18:59:02 PST)
These are now for sale. Look like tangerine phase plugs to me!
Associated auctions:
Altec Vintage #32343 Dividing Network Crossover - eBay (item 250532070898 end time Nov-26-09 19:16:26 PST)
Altec Vintage #31 Bent Horn for 802/806 Driver - eBay (item 250532068999 end time Nov-26-09 19:11:27 PST)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Altec-Vintage-41...item3a54dfd670
Ron
Agreed.These are now for sale. Look like tangerine phase plugs to me!
But, what i cannot perceive from his pics is the length of the driver body.
If that's a "short" 806 type body, then that is indeed the very first one i've ever seen with a tangerine.
The 23746 stamped on the cover is correct for the 806 type driver for 9849, i'd just like to see the body length to verify in my own mind that it's an 806 tangerine.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Well, I'm getting one complete speaker to make a pair with mine. I'd like to have 2 of the same hf drivers.
I should have worked a deal for 2 complete speakers, oh well. The 9849 is a confusing beast.
I'll let you guys know what I end up getting.
I'll be looking for one HF driver and either one 414-8E or one 414-8C....
Thanks for all the info guys! I tried to help the seller here.
Ron
Bookmarks